- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2-1/4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash white pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, butter and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Stir in the honey, mustard and pepper.
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Drizzle with honey mixture and sprinkle with walnuts. Place asparagus around salmon. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Honey-Dijon Salmon and Asparagus
Sort By :
Really good. Next time I might make more sauce to have with the cooked salmon.
I made this tonight. The sauce was very flavorful, and I would probably also try it with chicken or even pork chops. I substituted broccoli and carrots for the asparagus. (I didn't have any fresh asparagus, and I don't prefer it.) I also did not use the walnuts, because I don't care for nuts.
This smells great! I subbed raw almonds for walnuts. We were out of propane on the grill so I baked it for 12-15 min @ 425. Served over basmati rice.
I am always looking for simple, quick recipes. Although I love cooking I try to limit the amount of time I spend in the kitchen. This recipe was everything I could have hoped for, quick and delicious.. I even cooked mine in the over, took a little longer but was amazing.
Very, Very good!
Nice blending of flavours.
Definitely a Keeper.
The only thing I would change is to cut down on the cornstarch.