Honey-Dijon Potato Salad Recipe
No matter which recipe I tried, my potato salad always turned out bland. So I came up with this creamy version that has plenty of pizzazz. It's so tangy and flavorful, you wouldn't realize it calls for fat-free honey-Dijon salad dressing. It's a favorite at picnics. —Kristie Kline Jones, Douglas, Wyoming
- 2-1/4 pounds small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free honey-Dijon salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Cube the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar. Add the green pepper, onion, pickles, seasoning blend and pepper.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, mustard and egg whites. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC