Honey Dijon Pork Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into squares
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; place in a heavy ovenproof skillet. In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons orange juice until smooth; whisk in the honey, mustard, basil and remaining orange juice. Pour over chops. Place carrots and onion around chops.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Add peppers; cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 586 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.