I'M VERY FOND of honey-mustard salad dressing, so I attempted to duplicate that taste when I created this pork recipe. My husband thinks it's delicious. It's quick and easy to prepare. Sometimes I'll put a sweet potato in the oven to bake at the same time, then I'll have a complete meal for two. -Audrey Thibodeau, Mesa, Arizona
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into squares
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; place in a heavy ovenproof skillet. In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons orange juice until smooth; whisk in the honey, mustard, basil and remaining orange juice. Pour over chops. Place carrots and onion around chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Add peppers; cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey Dijon Pork in Reminisce Extra October 1997, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey Dijon Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review