- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into squares
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; place in a heavy ovenproof skillet. In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons orange juice until smooth; whisk in the honey, mustard, basil and remaining orange juice. Pour over chops. Place carrots and onion around chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Add peppers; cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey Dijon Pork
"I made this tonight because I wanted to try out my new Cooking For Two magazine, of course I doubled it being a family of three. We loved it.A few minor changes for our Taste, I cooked it all together instead of leaving the peppers out until the last 15 min and added a bit of ginger powder. I also added a very small chopped zucchini and a touch of garlic. Very nice, something new and not too heavy. Thanks!!"
"This was VERY good! My husband loved it, and said "keep this recipe!" I would cut the baking time down by 7-10 minutes. They were just slightly dry for my taste, but overall it was fabulous! Served over rice, the sauce was excellent!"