"Honey, Dijon mustard and soy sauce blend perfectly to season these golden baked chicken breasts," relates Julie Rowe of Fort McMurray, Alberta. "A beekeeper shared the recipe with me."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place chicken in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine
- remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and
- basting with pan juices every 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 197 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.