Honey-Dijon Chicken Salad
This delightful main-dish salad has an easy sauce/dressing that lends a sweet-tangy flavor to the mix. "You can add or take away vegetables to suit your taste," notes Janelle Hensley of Harrisonburg, Virginia.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green, sweet orange and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of honey and mustard; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, eggs, peppers, onion and sesame
- seeds; divide between two plates. Top with chicken. Combine
- remaining honey and mustard; drizzle over chicken. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 301 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 279 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable,