This delightful main-dish salad has an easy sauce/dressing that lends a sweet-tangy flavor to the mix. "You can add or take away vegetables to suit your taste," notes Janelle Hensley of Harrisonburg, Virginia.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green, sweet orange and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1 tablespoon each of honey and mustard; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, eggs, peppers, onion and sesame seeds; divide between two plates. Top with chicken. Combine remaining honey and mustard; drizzle over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Dijon Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Dijon Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review