Honey-Date Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Just in time for harvest, here are some delicious drop cookies, plump with dates, pumpkins and nuts. The old-fashioned cream cheese frosting will remind you of Grandma’s kitchen.—Eunice Stoen, Decorah, IA
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in honey and egg. Add pumpkin and milk; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the dates, pecans and poppy seeds.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and vanilla until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC