- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in honey and egg. Add pumpkin and milk; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the dates, pecans and poppy seeds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and vanilla until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Date Pumpkin Cookies
"Wow, these are soooo good. I took a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe, I've made them with and without frosting and they are really great both ways. This recipe is a keeper."
"My 86 yr old father declared them his new favorite cookie! I omitted the poppy seeds and the frosting and they are wonderful."
"THE BEST EVER"
"Best cookie ever - but I omitted the poppy seedsmy family loves it"
"This recipe was great. I made it and took it to work and they were gone in a flash and I made a double batch because I didn't want to waste the pumpkin. I will be making these again this fall."
"I added some cinnamon to my frosting, part of my first football party of the season, was a great hit - didn't even get to try one, but lots of compliments - so will be making more of these for sure."