Honey Crunch Muffins Recipe
These muffins have lots of fun flavor, but they're not difficult to mix up. My granddaughter has helped me make them many times over the years.Mary Kilianek, Westmont, Illinois
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 to 5 tablespoons honey
- In a bowl, combine the cereal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in raisins and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth; serve with muffins. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Crunch Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p14
Reviews for Honey Crunch Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
We found this recipe to be pretty good. I liked them, and I'm not a huge fan of pecans or raisins. The honey butter is optional, as we didn't serve them with it, and didn't miss it. A keeper.