These muffins have lots of fun flavor, but they're not difficult to mix up. My granddaughter has helped me make them many times over the years.—Mary Kilianek, Westmont, Illinois
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 to 5 tablespoons honey
- In a bowl, combine the cereal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in raisins and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth; serve with muffins. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Crunch Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p14
Reviews for Honey Crunch Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
"We found this recipe to be pretty good. I liked them, and I'm not a huge fan of pecans or raisins. The honey butter is optional, as we didn't serve them with it, and didn't miss it. A keeper."