Honey Crunch Cookies
This recipe really represents the Midwest to me because of all the bees and honey in the state of Wisconsin. We alone sold more than 90 gallons of honey last fall, and we're just small-scale compared to our neighbors!
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a
- large , cream butter until light and fluffy. Add honey, a little at
- a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mixture
- will appear curdled. Gradually add dry ingredients; beat until
- moistened. Fold in the coconut, chips and cereal. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 196 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.