Honey Cream Taffy Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with butter; place in the refrigerator. In a large deep heavy saucepan, combine cream and honey. Add sugar; cook over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until sugar is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- 2. Cover pan with a tight-fitting lid and boil for 1 minute. Uncover; cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage). Remove from the heat and pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Cool for 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, bring edges of honey mixture into center of pan. Cool 5-10 minutes longer or until cool enough to handle.
- 3. Using buttered hands, pull and stretch taffy until ridges form. (Taffy will lose its gloss and become light tan in color.) Pull into ropes about 1/2 in. thick. With a buttered kitchen scissors, cut into 1-in. pieces. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Honey Cream Taffy
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.