Honey Corn Bread
It's a pleasure to serve this moist corn bread to family and guests. Honey gives it a slightly sweet taste. Most people find it's difficult to eat just one piece.
-Adeline Piscitelli, Sayreville, New Jersey
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add cream, oil and honey; beat well.
- stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a
- greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.