Honey-Citrus Iced Tea
A frozen orange or lemon slice in the glass looks pretty and helps keep this refreshing punch nice and cold. Appropriately for my bee theme, the blend is sweetened with honey.
-Sheila Bradshaw, Columbus, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 individual tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 medium navel oranges
- 2 medium lemons
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Place tea bags in a teapot; add boiling water. Cover and steep for 3
- minutes; discard tea bags. Pour tea into a pitcher. Peel and section
- two oranges and one lemon; add to tea. Stir in the orange juice,
- lemon juice and honey. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or
- overnight. Cut remaining orange and lemon into slices; freeze.
- Just before serving, strain and discard fruit from tea. Stir in
- ginger ale. Serve with frozen fruit slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.