Honey-Citrus Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 6 red onion slices
- Shredded lettuce
- Flatten chicken breast evenly to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange and lemon juices, honey, oil, mustard, poultry seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add chicken breasts; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain; discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. If desired, top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Serve on rolls with tomato, onion and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Citrus Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
I agree with the other reviewers on this. I made as specified. turned out ok, not bad. We have better marinades than this one. At times, I thought the poultry season was a tad too strong.
This wasn't bad, it just didn't suit my family's tastes. We've had many other marinated chicken recipes we've liked far more.
I totally agree with Idaiello!
great just as is! I never change anything the first time around. otherwise how can you honestly rate a recipe?? Some of the comments look like whole new recipes. Why don't folks just submit the changes they made as a new recipe ??
I halved the recipe and made one half of the recipe as written and I modified the other half. I found the poultry seasoning over powered the delicate flavor of the chicken citrus flavors and muddled the flavor of the entire dish. In the other half I used a teaspoon of spicy brown,grainy mustard and eliminated the poultry seasoning, I also added 1/4 cup of white wine. The marinade turned out very well, the flavors went well together, the citrus flavor was more defined. Making the sandwiches more flavorful. My family and I did a taste test and the modified recipe was everyone's favorite. Thanks for the inspiration!