It only takes 30 minutes to marinate the chicken for these tangy lemon-lime skewers. They are easy to assemble and grill, and fun to eat! -Amanda Mills of Austin, Texas
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, honey and garlic. Pour 1-1/4 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and peppers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Citrus Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Citrus Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review