- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, honey and garlic. Pour 1-1/4 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and peppers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Honey-Citrus Chicken Kabobs
Sort By :
This was a great recipe. I thought the citrus helped keep the chicken moist. I added a little more garlic, too.
This used way too much citrus and was kind of sour. It needs some herbs to flavor it as it was kind of blah. I won't make it again.
This taste great. light and flavorful!