- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 bottles (11.2 ounces each) Guinness beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until browned, turning once and basting occasionally with additional sauce. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Honey Chipotle Ribs
Sort By :
"FANTASTIC! It made A LOT of sauce, but when my family was done, all the extra was gone too."
"Amazing!! Ribs are very tender and the sauce is perfect! You will have sauce left over which is great to use on chicken or pork chops. Great recipe!"
"So good. I make this sauce every time I make ribs. My husband doesn't like BBQ sauce and loves this. I make the ribs in the house now!"
"Ribs were very tender and the sauce was fabulous! It made quite a bit of sauce but will work well with chicken and other grilled items."
"Great recipe idea! Used chicken instead of ribs and tweaked the recipe using ingredients I had on hand: Whiskey instead of beer and mustard powder instead of dijon. I used a store brand smokey honey bbq sauce. Yum!!!"