Honey Chipotle Ribs
Nothing's better than having a sauce with the perfect slather consistency. Here's one that'll ensure a lip-smacking feast. Go ahead and make the sauce up to a week ahead. —Caitlin Hawes, Westwood, Massachusetts
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 bottles (11.2 ounces each) Guinness beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or
- until tender.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until
- thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with