Honey Chipotle Ribs Recipe
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 bottles (11.2 ounces each) Guinness beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until browned, turning once and basting occasionally with additional sauce. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Honey Chipotle Ribs
"Love these ribs!!!! I put the ribs in the crockpot and poured the sauce on top and let it simmer on low for 6 to 8 hours. They come out perfect!!!!"
"This recipe should definatly have more reviews then it does. These ribs were so good! I am glad i found a recipe this yummy !"
"Best ribs ever! My 13 y/o son picked this recipe and it's a keeper! We used the extra sauce on boneless chicken breasts and grilled them too. Really good. This is the only way I will make ribs in the future."
"FANTASTIC! It made A LOT of sauce, but when my family was done, all the extra was gone too."
"Amazing!! Ribs are very tender and the sauce is perfect! You will have sauce left over which is great to use on chicken or pork chops. Great recipe!"
"So good. I make this sauce every time I make ribs. My husband doesn't like BBQ sauce and loves this. I make the ribs in the house now!"
"Ribs were very tender and the sauce was fabulous! It made quite a bit of sauce but will work well with chicken and other grilled items."
"Great recipe idea! Used chicken instead of ribs and tweaked the recipe using ingredients I had on hand: Whiskey instead of beer and mustard powder instead of dijon. I used a store brand smokey honey bbq sauce. Yum!!!"
"Yum!! I used Jack Daniels original #7"
"I used Kraft original thick. I really don't think it matters. I would just stick with an original flavored one"
"I havent made it, but i was wondering what type of BBQ sauce to use in the recipe"
"Oh my gosh ... These are the best ribs everMy husband could not get enough of the sauce. Until today, I thought I made great ribs. Along comes Honey Chipotle ribs.. Whoo !!!PS. Bake them for 3 hrs at 250 .. Baste with the wondeful sauce as you grill"
"absolutely amazing. It makes a ton of bbq sauce so you could cut the bbq sauce recipe in half. However, my family loved it so much we are having it on chicken tonight and the kids were putting it on their corn and potatoes last night. Ribs were outstanding. bbq sauce has a nice kick to it."