Honey Chip Muffins
In Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, Mary Young dresses up a packaged chocolate chip muffin mix with a few pantry staples. "I love peanut butter, so I added it to a muffin mix with a little honey," she notes. "My family loves the results."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.8 ounces) chocolate chip muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix and cocoa. In a small bowl,
- combine honey and peanut butter; add the egg and water. Stir into
- dry ingredients with a spoon just until moistened, about 50 strokes
- (batter will be slightly lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the
- pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.