Honey Chip Muffins Recipe
In Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, Mary Young dresses up a packaged chocolate chip muffin mix with a few pantry staples. "I love peanut butter, so I added it to a muffin mix with a little honey," she notes. "My family loves the results."
- 1 package (17.8 ounces) chocolate chip muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix and cocoa. In a small bowl, combine honey and peanut butter; add the egg and water. Stir into dry ingredients with a spoon just until moistened, about 50 strokes (batter will be slightly lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 234 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Honey Chip Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC