Honey Chip Muffins Recipe
In Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, Mary Young dresses up a packaged chocolate chip muffin mix with a few pantry staples. "I love peanut butter, so I added it to a muffin mix with a little honey," she notes. "My family loves the results."
- 1 package (17.8 ounces) chocolate chip muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix and cocoa. In a small bowl, combine honey and peanut butter; add the egg and water. Stir into dry ingredients with a spoon just until moistened, about 50 strokes (batter will be slightly lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Chip Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p49
Reviews for Honey Chip Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review