Honey Chip Granola Bars Recipe
I first tried these not-too-sweet bars at my mother-in-law's house. A marshmallow, honey and peanut butter mixture is delicious over crunchy cereal, oats and nuts. Be sure to let the bars cool a bit before pressing the mini chocolate chips on top or they'll melt. -RosAnna Troyer Millersburg, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in honey and peanut butter.
- 2. Combine the oats, cereal, cracker crumbs, coconut and peanuts. Add to the marshmallow mixture; mix well. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with chips and gently press into top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC