Honey Chip Granola Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in honey and peanut butter.
- 2. Combine the oats, cereal, cracker crumbs, coconut and peanuts. Add to the marshmallow mixture; mix well. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with chips and gently press into top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 159 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Honey Chip Granola Bars
"I thought this seemed like a huge recipe but then took these to a picnic, I see why it makes so much, these are delicious! Despite the quantity of marshmallows (one and a half bags) they are not overly sweet. I used Almond Butter and chopped Almonds in place of the peanut butter and peanuts. I would also recommend putting the oil and butter in a large microwave safe bowl, melt it, use it to grease the whole bowl, then add the marshmallows, toss them in the butter and microwave 1 to 1 ½ minutes to melt them. Have the dry ingredients measured in a bowl (greased if you plan to pour the marshmallow mixture into this bowl) so the marshmallow does not cool too much and stir, stir, stir. I had trouble getting the chocolate chips to stay on and next time will mix them in at the end and risk them melting to prevent them from falling off."
"My kids love these!"
"I am anxious to try this honey chip bars but it sounds like a lot of marshmallows 11/2 pounds? how many cups is that?"
"I always make these and take on trips with my family. Everyone loves them and it makes plenty to last the whole vacation. They are totally awesome."