- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend in remaining oil 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Return chicken mixture to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey Chicken Stir-Fry
"This is a family favorite! My picky 7 year old loves it, my 15 month old does too, & my husband wants me to make it every week. The honey gives it a nice sweet flavor. I double the sauce & make angel hair pasta and mixed it all together, DELICIOUS!!! Super quick to make too."
"The honey absorbed the soy sauce flavor and came off tasting bland to me. Won't make again"
"We all loved this!"
"Great quick meal - great taste - even better as a left over"
"This tasted good and went together quickly. I did double the sauce and next time, I will probably add some red pepper flakes because I would like it to have a bit of a kick."