- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken and garlic 1 minute. Stir in honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend in remaining oil just until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan, along with chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey Chicken Stir-Fry
"Super easy recipe. Using instant rice, dinner can be on the table in 15 minutes. A little too mild. It does need more soy sauce. Next time, think I'll try adding some ginger, and maybe some pineapple. Definitely a keeper."
"The honey absorbed the soy sauce flavor and came off tasting bland to me. Won't make again"
"We all loved this!"
"Great quick meal - great taste - even better as a left over"
"This tasted good and went together quickly. I did double the sauce and next time, I will probably add some red pepper flakes because I would like it to have a bit of a kick."
"Loved this recipe! Sweet and tasty(: it's also quick to make which I love when making dinners"
"My family loved it!! Be sure to double or in my case triple the sauce recipe."
"I had no low sodium soya sauce so only used 1 tbsp regular soya sauce and no salt. I used fresh veggies, added 1/4 tsp of dried red hot pepper flakes.I will double the sauce next time."