- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 slices peeled fresh peach
- 9 slices kiwifruit
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and honey until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Cut into bars. Just before serving, top each bar with a slice of peach and kiwi. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Honey Cheesecake Bars
"These are delicious and dangerously easy. If you like cheesecake but don't want to be in the long haul for a full 9-10" cheesecake these are your next best bet. They're fantastic with or without the fresh fruit on top. I also love the ease in doubling this recipe. In fact, I tripled it with no problems and made it in a 15x11 baking pan."