If you like cheesecake, you’ll love this light dessert. Walnuts lend a subtle nutty taste to the crust, and honey and lemon make the creamy topping delicious. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Additional honey, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with additional honey if desired. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Honey Cheese Bars in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p46
Reviews for Honey Cheese Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review