Honey Champagne Fondue Recipe
This special champagne fondue has wonderful flavor from Swiss cheese and honey. It clings well to the fruit and bread dippers.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups Champagne
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- French bread cubes, tart apple slices or pear slices
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute shallot in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the Champagne, cornstarch, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in honey; heat through. Remove from the heat. Combine cheese and lemon juice; gradually stir into champagne mixture until melted.
- 3. Keep warm. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve with bread cubes, apple or pear slices. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 197 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Honey Champagne Fondue
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC