- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups Champagne
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- French bread cubes, tart apple slices or pear slices
- In a large saucepan, saute shallot in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the Champagne, cornstarch, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in honey; heat through. Remove from the heat. Combine cheese and lemon juice; gradually stir into champagne mixture until melted.
- Keep warm. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve with bread cubes, apple or pear slices. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Honey Champagne Fondue in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p9
Reviews for Honey Champagne Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review