Honey Cereal Bites Recipe
- 6 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts and sesame seeds. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey and butter until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 9-10 cups.
3/4 cup: 266 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Honey Cereal Bites
"Yum! This tastes like homemade sugar crisp with a contrasting salty taste from the peanuts: the best of both worlds! I would make this again in a heartbeat, although next time, I might substitute in dried fruit so that my sons can take it to their nut-free school. (But I'd still make this original recipe for home. I can't stop eating it!)"