Honey Cereal Bites
A neighbor lady gave me this recipe years ago, and my husband and kids immediately loved it. We have fun varying the recipe to add our own personal touches.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts and sesame seeds. In a
- small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey
- and butter until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275°
- for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight
- containers. Yield: 9-10 cups.