A neighbor lady gave me this recipe years ago, and my husband and kids immediately loved it. We have fun varying the recipe to add our own personal touches.
- 6 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts and sesame seeds. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey and butter until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 9-10 cups.
Originally published as Honey Cereal Bites in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p82
Reviews for Honey Cereal Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review