Honey Cereal Bars
Ellie Conlon, who produces honey at ThistleDew Farm, Proctor, West Virginia, shares the recipe for her chocolate-topped cereal treats. "The honey sweetens and holds together these five-ingredient bars," she relates. "They're great for an after-school snack."
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring honey and peanut butter
- to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cereal.
- Press into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Spread chocolate over bars.
- Chill until firm. Yield: 20 bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.