Honey Cashew Green Beans
Folks always comment how tasty this dish is with home-grown beans.
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute cashews in butter for about 2
- minutes or until golden brown. Stir in honey; heat through. Transfer
- beans to a serving bowl; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 176 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.