This colorful dish has a wonderful combination of flavors. The tarragon and lemon add zest and the honey sweetens the carrots—a perfect balance.
Staten Island, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups julienned carrot
- 1 thin lemon peel strip
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, combine the carrots, lemon peel, honey and salt; add
- just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until carrots
- are tender. Drain; discard lemon peel. Stir in the lemon juice and
- seasonings. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.