- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 8-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the cream, honey, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 238°.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in cold water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 255° (hard-ball stage). Stir in walnuts and vanilla; return mixture to 255°.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Honey Caramels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p144
Reviews for Honey Caramels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review