Honey Bun Cake
"I take along recipe cards to hand out when I bring this moist, fluffy cake to school socials," writes Kathy Mayo from Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "It always goes quickly."
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, egg whites, sour cream and
- applesauce. Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium for 2
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine brown
- sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cover with remaining
- batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Bake at 325° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until
- smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 piece) equals 185 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium,