Honey Bun Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, egg whites, sour cream and applesauce. Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cover with remaining batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Honey Bun Cake(5)
Sort By :
My favorite cake recipe. I made this about a year ago for the first time and everyone fell in love. I make it ALOT. Expecially like that is healthy and light with a lot of flavor.
omg!!! my 5 kids luved it!!! as well as my hubby!!! great cake
This is a family favorite. My son actually requests it for his birthday cake.
Why the inconsistency constantly, so many recipes on this site, without graphics
(a simple picture).
Very simple cake to make and tastes wonderful.