Honey-Brined Turkey Breast Recipe
Here's a traditional turkey breast with a sweet and spicy zest. This moist and savory recipe also makes great leftovers. —Deirdre Dee Cox, Kansas City, Kansas
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 large oven roasting bags
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a Dutch oven, bring the first five ingredients to a boil. Cook and stir until salt and honey are dissolved. Stir in rosemary. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Place a large oven roasting bag inside a second roasting bag; add turkey breast. Carefully pour brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a roasting pan. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil. Drain turkey and discard brine; place on a rack in prepared pan. Pat dry.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Brush with oil. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Brined Turkey Breast in Country Woman October/November 2009, p31
Reviews for Honey-Brined Turkey Breast(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
Delicious! I used this on a whole turkey first, then with a chicken a few weeks later with equally excellent results. I''ll never make another turkey without brining it again!
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2011
A bit of work, but was good. Turkey turned out moist.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >