Honey Biscuits Recipe
These lightly sweet biscuits are a great complement to all sorts of stews, soups, and chilies. Monterey Jack cheese adds an extra layer of flavor in these flaky bites.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and cheese until mixture forms a ball.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and remaining butter. Microwave on high until melted. Brush over biscuits. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 314 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Honey Biscuits
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2009
"Yum! We loved these."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC