Honey Biscuits Recipe
These lightly sweet biscuits are a great complement to all sorts of stews, soups, and chilies. Monterey Jack cheese adds an extra layer of flavor in these flaky bites.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and cheese until mixture forms a ball.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and remaining butter. Microwave on high until melted. Brush over biscuits. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
2 each: 314 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Honey Biscuits
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2009
"Yum! We loved these."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC