These lightly sweet biscuits are a great complement to all sorts of stews, soups, and chilies. Monterey Jack cheese adds an extra layer of flavor in these flaky bites.
Featured In: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and cheese until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and remaining butter. Microwave on high until melted. Brush over biscuits. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Biscuits in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p7
Reviews for Honey Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2016
"The texture is just right. My kids loved them. I didn't have the Monterrey Jack Cheese on hand so I used Sharp Cheddar and I brushed the honey after I baked them and still it was awesome. Will make them again!"
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2009
"Yum! We loved these."