Honey-Beer Braised Ribs
Braised in beer with a sweet honey finish, these tender, flavor-rich ribs will be the talk of the table. Serve them with baked potatoes, green beans and a salad for a memorable meal. —Terry Serena, McMurray, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 3-1/2 hours Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, pepper and salt; rub over ribs. Place ribs
- bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle
- with honey. Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some
- of the beer mixture over ribs.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Reduce heat
- to 250°; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting
- occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue
- sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 971 calories, 63 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium,