Honey-Beer Braised Ribs Recipe
Braised in beer with a sweet honey finish, these tender, flavor-rich ribs will be the talk of the table. Serve them with baked potatoes, green beans and a salad for a memorable meal. —Terry Serena, McMurray, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 3-1/2 hours Grill: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1. Combine the brown sugar, pepper and salt; rub over ribs. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with honey. Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some of the beer mixture over ribs.
- 2. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250°; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 971 calories, 63 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 52 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC