Honey Bear French Toast Recipe
"According to my family, French toast is suitable for any meal," chuckles Priscilla Weaver of Hagerstown, Maryland. "We think this recipe is especially delicious." The CT kitchen staff heartily agreed! To make playful breakfast treats for hungry youngsters, our cooks simply cut the bread into bear shapes, added chocolate chips for eyes and drizzled warm honey on top.
- 18 slices Texas toast bread or 1-inch-thick slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 36 miniature chocolate chips
- Warm honey
- 1. Using a 3-1/2-in. bear-shaped cookie cutter, cut bread into bear shapes. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, milk and eggs until smooth. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Fry French toast for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates; insert chocolate chips for eyes. Drizzle with honey. Yield: 18 slices.
1 serving (3 each) equals 489 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Honey Bear French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC