Honey Bear French Toast Recipe
"According to my family, French toast is suitable for any meal," chuckles Priscilla Weaver of Hagerstown, Maryland. "We think this recipe is especially delicious." The CT kitchen staff heartily agreed! To make playful breakfast treats for hungry youngsters, our cooks simply cut the bread into bear shapes, added chocolate chips for eyes and drizzled warm honey on top.
- 18 slices Texas toast bread or 1-inch-thick slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 36 miniature chocolate chips
- Warm honey
- Using a 3-1/2-in. bear-shaped cookie cutter, cut bread into bear shapes. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, milk and eggs until smooth. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Fry French toast for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates; insert chocolate chips for eyes. Drizzle with honey. Yield: 18 slices.
Originally published as Honey Bear French Toast in Country Woman September/October 1999, p9
Reviews for Honey Bear French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >