Honey Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
"BASTING with the honey-and-oil glaze seals in the goodness of these delicious ribs as they bake to a golden brown. They can be prepared in the oven, or on the grill in a foil packet to keep the meat juicy."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 3 pounds pork spareribs or pork baby back ribs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut spareribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs, bone side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drain.
- 2. Combine all the remaining ingredients; brush some of glaze on ribs. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (12 ounces) equals 731 calories, 55 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 47 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC