Honey Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place ribs in a large kettle or Dutch oven; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until juices run clear and ribs are tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (12 ounces) equals 666 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,324 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Honey Barbecued Ribs
"These ribs were great! Followed the recipe exceptI used lion back ribs. Delicious!"
"These were awesome!! I used Dijon insteadof Spicy Brown mustard and they were good. I also after cooking the meat, took them out of the liquid in a separate bowl and poured the sauce over them and let them sit for an hour before grilling. Super moist. My husband couldn't stop eating."
"Best ribs ever!! I use 2T reg mustard and 2T dijon instead of the spicy brown. Yum..."
"I love this recipe and especially the sauce. I do cheat sometimes though when the weather is bad. I boil the ribs for 10-15 minutes and then place ribs in a 10x15 pan and ladle most of the sauce over the ribs and bake at 350'F for 30-40 min. uncovered."
"Hildybean - how long do you put them in the oven for and at what temp? Thanks. Peggy516"
"Re:These ribs are awesome! My husband and I just love them. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!CQ Luling, Tx."
"I like to make these in the winter so instead of grilling them I put them in the oven (after boiling) and pour sauce on them. They are just as delicious as when you grill them!"