Honey Barbecued Ribs Recipe
"My family celebrates four birthdays in July, and these tender ribs are a must at our joint get-together," writes Joyce Duff of Mansfield, Ohio. Honey adds wonderful flavor to the homemade sauce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/4 hours Grill: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place ribs in a large kettle or Dutch oven; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until juices run clear and ribs are tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (12 ounces) equals 666 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,324 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC