Honey Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place ribs in a large kettle or Dutch oven; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until juices run clear and ribs are tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
12 ounce-weight: 666 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 1324mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein
Reviews for Honey Barbecued Ribs
"These ribs were great! Followed the recipe exceptI used lion back ribs. Delicious!"
"These were awesome!! I used Dijon insteadof Spicy Brown mustard and they were good. I also after cooking the meat, took them out of the liquid in a separate bowl and poured the sauce over them and let them sit for an hour before grilling. Super moist. My husband couldn't stop eating."
"Best ribs ever!! I use 2T reg mustard and 2T dijon instead of the spicy brown. Yum..."
"I love this recipe and especially the sauce. I do cheat sometimes though when the weather is bad. I boil the ribs for 10-15 minutes and then place ribs in a 10x15 pan and ladle most of the sauce over the ribs and bake at 350'F for 30-40 min. uncovered."
"Hildybean - how long do you put them in the oven for and at what temp? Thanks. Peggy516"
"Re:These ribs are awesome! My husband and I just love them. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!CQ Luling, Tx."
"I like to make these in the winter so instead of grilling them I put them in the oven (after boiling) and pour sauce on them. They are just as delicious as when you grill them!"