Honey Barbecued Ribs
"My family celebrates four birthdays in July, and these tender ribs are a must at our joint get-together," writes Joyce Duff of Mansfield, Ohio. Honey adds wonderful flavor to the homemade sauce.
4 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Grill: 10 min.
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place ribs in a large kettle or Dutch oven; sprinkle with garlic salt
- and pepper. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 1 hour or until juices run clear and ribs are
- tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Grill ribs, uncovered,
- over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, basting with sauce and turning
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 666 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,324 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.