Honey Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 pounds each), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1/4 each: 473 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Honey Barbecued Chicken
"A tasty recipe that my family enjoyed, although not a deep barbecue flavor. The chicken I used released a LOT of liquid, so I removed the sauce and boiled it down to thicken."
"Easy, good flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.