Honey Barbecue Wings Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 18 whole chicken wings (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil until for 1 minute. Stir in the honey, ketchup, juices, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place wings in a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag; add 3/4 cup cooled honey mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining honey mixture for basting.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken wings on a greased rack in a large baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with honey mixture.
- 4. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned and juices run clear. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 wing with 1 teaspoon sauce equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 medium-fat meat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer