- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 18 whole chicken wings (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil until for 1 minute. Stir in the honey, ketchup, juices, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place wings in a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag; add 3/4 cup cooled honey mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining honey mixture for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken wings on a greased rack in a large baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with honey mixture.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned and juices run clear. Yield: 3 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Honey Barbecue Wings
"I really liked this sauce! It was easy and tasty. This is my new "go to" recipe for honey wings!! Thanks for sharing!"
"I'm from the Buffalo, NY area so I'm picky about my wings. This recipe is so good. I do make it a little differently. I'll double the sauce and marinade them over night. I use a broiler pan to bake/broil them on so they don't get soggy. While they're cooking I put the sauce in a slow cooker on warm. When the wings are done I put them in the slow cooker and finish getting ready for the potluck/staff meeting. I find they really absorb the sauce that way. When its time to go, you just grab the slow cooker and head out the door! Everyone loves them!"