- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Serve with chicken or pork. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Honey Barbecue Sauce
Sort By :
Easy easy easy...I love the sweet, spicy, garlic flavor. I didn't have molasses so I used honey. I also added a few red pepper flakes and let it simmer. Delicious!
This was good, but not great. When I tasted it, it seemed to be somewhat bland. I added some onion powder, allspice, and a small amount of hot sauce. I also increased the chili powder. Next time I make this, I will try some different spices to give it a little more kick. I do appreciate that it started with tomato sauce instead of ketchup.
I haven't made this yet; but looking forward to trying it. I love the fact this starts with tomato sauce not sodium laden ketchup which may or may not contain other ingredients like high fructose corn syrup.
I used this to stretch the store bought sauce I had here. Together they were yummy!
This is a favorite in my family!