Honey Barbecue Sauce Recipe
This barbecue sauce is my own recipe that my whole family enjoys, especially my father. It's a quick and easy recipe that can be made ahead and refrigerated or used immediately. —Karene Donnay, Glencoe, Minnesota
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Serve with chicken or pork. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC