- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Serve with chicken or pork. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Honey Barbecue Sauce
Sort By :
This was good, but not great. When I tasted it, it seemed to be somewhat bland. I added some onion powder, allspice, and a small amount of hot sauce. I also increased the chili powder. Next time I make this, I will try some different spices to give it a little more kick. I do appreciate that it started with tomato sauce instead of ketchup.
I haven't made this yet; but looking forward to trying it. I love the fact this starts with tomato sauce not sodium laden ketchup which may or may not contain other ingredients like high fructose corn syrup.
I used this to stretch the store bought sauce I had here. Together they were yummy!
This is a favorite in my family!
Really good flavor...you could also add some heat to it to make it even better...I let it simmer about 15 minutes, to take away some of the raw garlic taste...