Honey Barbecue Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the egg, oats, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Top with ketchup. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.