The addition of honey barbecue sauce creates a sweet, smoky flavor that gives meat loaf a tasty new twist.—Jeff Gill, Valdosta, Georgia
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the egg, oats, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Top with ketchup. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Honey Barbecue Meat Loaf in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey Barbecue Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review