- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the egg, oats, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Top with ketchup. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey Barbecue Meat Loaf
"This is AMAZING and I am not a fan of meatloaf, but this is delicious! We have meatloaf quite frequently now, Two Thumbs up :)"
"I had 3x the recipe and my husband loved it.. This will become the meat loaf for this family"
"This will convert people who don't like meatloaf. It is a family favorite."
"This is the meatloaf I make most often,I just use whatever kind of barbecue sauce I happen to have opened in the fridge,usually sweet baby ray's honey chipotle."
"This is my go to recipe for meatloaf. Moist and full of flavour, I don't make any changes to the recipe. Well worth trying!"
"i love honey barbecue and meat loaf"